About the Competition
The mission of the Cuban Infrastructure Committee is to promote a high level of engineering and science as they may apply to the future improvement of the island; and to increase public awareness and interest in Cuba’s infrastructure needs.
To accomplish this mission, we will:
- Foster engineering and science education and scholarship;
- Form specialty subcommittees to conduct research and analyses;
- Collaborate with other organizations as appropriate; and
- Disseminate findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
The C-AACE/ACAE Cuba Infrastructure Scholarship Competition is intended to promote both:
- “real world” analysis and/or design experience for students interested in pursuing an education and/or career in engineering and related sciences; and
- improve the body of knowledge on Cuba’s infrastructure in these fields. This scholarship competition invites teams of university-level students from ABET accredited programs to analyze and/or design and present a project meeting the requirements of a problem statement that they have worked on together as a team.
Scholarship Competition Committee Members:
Roger Puerto (Chair), Regina Rodriguez, Betty Bezos, Pete Martinez, Helena Solo-Gabriele, Jerry Fernandez, Jose Acosta, Alfonso Dager, Maria Porrata, Miguel Medina, Cristina Ortega-Castineiras, Armando I. Perez, Victor Pujals, Rafael Robayna , Josenrique Cueto Blanca Silva and Sergio Claure
Cuba Infrastructure Committee Organization Chart
Delfin Molins Mentoring Award
This award recognizes a mentor (Industry and/or Faculty Member) who made a significant contribution in mentoring a student group in the field of engineering as it applies to Cuba’s infrastructure.
Items that will be looked at in making a decision as to who receive the award will be:
- Significant level of effort in mentoring students at all levels.
- The number of meetings between the mentor and the student or student group(s).
- The depth of the information provided to the students by the mentor.
- The quality of the student(s)’ work product.
- Other discretionary criteria.
See Facebook page for these Competitions to get the latest information.
For more information please contact Regina Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org, (305) 803-7387)